Many Instagramer clients have received password resets from Instagram.
This followed Instagram's introduction of a new anti-fraud system. It appears that our service was falsely identified as a phishing website. Needless to say, we are not a phishing service and can't be used to spam customers.
What can be done now
We continue to investigate how we can work around this situation. Please try to reconnect your account in a few hours - we have seen customers were able to work normally after un-locking accounts. The more successful unlocks you do, the better, as this will give feedback to Instagram for false-positive cases. This may take some time, though.
If you continue to receive frequent password resets, please let us know.
What we've done so far and planning to do:
- We have started moving customers from affected servers to new locations in Brazil and Bahrain.
- We are investigating whether the servers' IP address change helps to resolve the issue for the long term. [Done]
- We are working towards a Lite app version that is less reliable but should have a smaller chance of triggering the anti-fraud systems [Done]
- We are adding features to look more like a native app. [Done]
Mar 15 9:40 UTC
We can see Instagram password resets stopped after March 15 0:00 UTC. Customers are able to restore connections. What Issues we can see in some cases:
1. Instagram does not send verification SMS
2. We receive no feedback from Instagram and show an error page with proxy connection details.
In both cases, it's good to retry in a few hours. We continue to monitor.
Mar 15 18:22 UTC
We see some improvements in the number of connected IG accounts. Yet some accounts get disconnected again. We continue to investigate and have another set of measures we can implement.
Mar 16 18:20 UTC
We have deployed more changes and see accounts reconnecting. Our test accounts were active for more than 48 hours. Few more updates are coming.
For active accounts, there can be delays in message delivery - for initial connection requests - up to 10 min.
Mar 17 20:00 UTC
We have decreased the rate of requests. New contact requests may take 5 to 15 minutes to arrive. We continue to see slow improvements.
Mar 25 05:00 UTC
We can offer dedicated IPs for customers Please sign up here for Early Access
Mar 30 05:30 UTC
We were able to identify what may be triggering Instagram's anti-fraud system for the low-volume accounts. We have to rework the app significantly to allow it to work without interruptions. Currently, we are testing an update that should significantly decrease the number of requests to Instagram API for low volume accounts
If you have any ideas or suggestions, please share them in the comments below👇🏽.