If you experience incorrect work of the Instagram official app, don't receive messages in your Zendesk instance, the issue can be hidden in incorrect settings set-up. This article is meant to guide you through the settings configuration.
1. Disable Handover Protocol
The Handover protocol is a Facebook setting that controls contacts' conversations and passes them between Messenger apps
- Visit your connected Facebook business page settings
- Select Advanced Messaging
- Press on Handover protocol
- Click Configure on the Instagram receiver
- Choose Select
2. Manage Your Instagram Messaging Access
Now check you've granted access in the Instagram native app itself:
- Go to your Instagram business profile
- Select Settings
- Choose Privacy
- Click on Messages
- Under Connected Tools toggle on “Allow Access to Messages”
That's it! Instagramer official should work just fine for you. If you still experience some issues, please reach our support with more details.
You should either disable the Handover protocol (see step 1) or set it correctly and pass the control to the new Primary Receiver. For the latter case please follow the steps below:
FB Page Settings >> Advanced Messaging >> Handover protocol >> click "Configure" on the Instagram receiver >> assign the Primary role to OAPPS Comments and the Secondary role to all other apps.