If you don't receive Instagram either DMs or comments (or both) to your Zendesk, please try the following:
- ake sure it is NOT a Creator or Personal account.
- You can check that on Instagram.com by clicking Settings >> Account >> Switch account type
- If you see only personal and creator options, it means the Instagram account is correctly set as Business. If not, switch to a business account.
For example in Business Suite it looks the following way:
☝️If you do not receive DMs or comments in your FB Inbox, you should enable this feature, so that we could receive these messages on our end and pass them to Zendesk. Here're some articles that may help in this case:
6. Check the Instagram account settings in Facebook Business assets and the permissions of the user who has created the integration.
Make sure full control is given and all permissions are granted:
7. Visit Facebook Business Page settings and grant full permissions to the user who has created the integration:
Re-authenticate your Facebook page
Most likely our app is no longer authenticated to receive Instagram updates from Facebook. This can happen for various reasons. It's easy to fix:
- Visit your Facebook Business Integrations settings and next to OAPPS Suite put a tick and click on "Remove":
2. Make sure that 2FA is enabled for the user who connects the pages. It is necessary only if 2FA is also enabled on the business account. Find more info here.
3. Go to Zendesk Admin Center -> Apps and Integrations -> Channel apps -> Instagramer Suite -> Open your current account -> click "Continue with Facebook" ->
4. The Facebook page will open. Press Edit Settings.
5. Grant all permissions and give full access!
Select all IG Accounts and all FB pages you want to receive messages from, if you have more than one (meaning NOT just one currently re-authenticating):
6. Grant all permissions on the next step
7. Press "Done" and then "OK"
8. You'll be redirected to Instagramer Suite General settings. Select the FB page you are connecting at the moment:
9. Don't forget to Save the changes.
Manage the same steps for another account (if there's more than one).
If you still see no incoming tickets in your Zendesk, please reach our support and share the steps managed. Any screenshots of given access are highly appreciated!
Please sign in to leave a comment.