When the Classifier Pro is installed, you need to do several steps to make it working.
The first step is to create a predictor and train it on your pre-classified tickets. Predictor Pro need at least several thousand of classified tickets to be trained well.
To do this step carry out the instructions below:
1. Press "Add predictor" button:
2. Fill the form with parameters:
Where expected fields are:
- Classification custom field - field which the classification will work on. It has to be at least several thousand ticket with the field correctly set to train the predictor well.
- Language - language for the prediction model. As languages have huge differences we need to know which model to apply.
- Only analyse tickets with a tag - limit the tickets to train on - only tickets having these tags will be loaded and classified.
- Tag for successful classification - this tag will be added to tickes in case of successful classification.
- Tag for tickets that were not classified - this tag will be added if classification fails.
- Confidence level threshold - the level of confidence when a ticket is treated is clissified successfully.
- Start predictor after training - if the training is succeeded, start classificaion of new tickets immediately.
Then press "Activate predictor":
3. When a predictor is created you need to train it. Just click "Train" in the right menu of the predictor listed in the table:
Then you need to wait while pre predictor is trainin. It can take Up to an hour, depending on the amount of tickets it will load.
When the status is "Finished: you can activate the poredictor (if you haven't selected to do it automatically earlier at the point of adding a new predictor).
After that point Classifier Pro creates a trigger which calls it on creating of tickets. You can find the trigger in you admin panel and fine tune it if expected: